Schmigadoon! (Apple TV+) - Keegan Michael-Kay, Cecily Strong

Garioch

Prominent Member
Reaction score

This is a highly divisive show and your enjoyment / hatred of it will depend on what you think about musicals. The show both satirises and plays tribute to the golden age of Hollywood musicals during the 50s and 60s. It's made by the screenwriting duo for the Despicable Me films with one half of the team also writing the songs.

I enjoy musicals so I was 100% on board with this. It's very knowing and plays it tongue firmly in cheek but goes all out with the set design, ultra-saturated photography and of course the songs which are brilliantly arranged, and dare I say, really catchy.

Really nice Dolby Vision HDR grade by Apple and is available in Dolby Atmos to boot. This will be a hard pass for many but if like me, you enjoy musicals, then this is a must-see.

schmigadoon.png

I despise musicals, which doesn’t help :)

I tried the first couple, it was ok, might give it another go at some point.

I think that people who loved the series "Pushing Daisies" will also like this series. It's very colourful, bright and funny. :)

I enjoyed every moment of it. 💖

I liked it a lot, it suffers in comparison to Ted Lasso being the go to nice show. But it is, IMO, very good.

Really enjoyed the first series, happy it’s coming back (April 5):

Last edited:
I really enjoyed the first season and was dubious that a second season would work or even be needed. Pleased to say that after watching the first episode of season two, I was wrong. It was excellent, in my opinion. Very funny, clever and with terrific tunes, top marks.

I really enjoyed the first season and was dubious that a second season would work or even be needed. Pleased to say that after watching the first episode of season two, I was wrong. It was excellent, in my opinion. Very funny, clever and with terrific tunes, top marks.
Yes, the Kaput song in particular was excellent, I thought.

Episode 3, excellent. I think this season is even better than the first. I'm not really a fan of musical theatre, so not sure were they could go for season three.

Episode 3, excellent. I think this season is even better than the first. I'm not really a fan of musical theatre, so not sure were they could go for season three.
Future and past.

Schmamilton

Future and past.

Schmamilton
They need several musicals to blend together, for example Chicago, Cabaret and Sweeny Todd, otherwise they get into copyright issues!

How about Les Mis, Cats and Spamalot?

They need several musicals to blend together, for example Chicago, Cabaret and Sweeny Todd, otherwise they get into copyright issues!
Sure. But just in terms of a title. I am sure Lin would be cool with it.

I'd expect the next one to be stuff like Rent, Hamilton, Webber stuff, and, as you say, something like Spamalot (maybe with things like Book of Mormon etc)

Sure. But just in terms of a title. I am sure Lin would be cool with it.

I'd expect the next one to be stuff like Rent, Hamilton, Webber stuff, and, as you say, something like Spamalot (maybe with things like Book of Mormon etc)
Evita, Les Mis and Hamilton would blend well, but need something to add humour, like Cats or Spamalot.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom