Schindler's List

Holowlegs

Hi there

Watched Schindler's List last night again, to me its still a great film, and one that I don’t seem to get bored with. I think the acting is 2nd to none and a big :thumbsup: to Liam Neeson, Ben Kingsley and Ralph Fiennes who are brilliant as the main actors, but also the support cast are brilliant.

Don’t want to put any spoilers in here but one off the best parts of the film for me is the relationship between Oskar Schindler and Itzhak Stern, especially weather Stern would have a drink with Schindler. Its not a film that is all out action, and in some places can be slow, but there are some truly horrific scenes in it and are done very well.

Maybe not everyone’s cup of tea, but deffo one to watch at least once.

I also watched for the first time Voices From the List which is on the 2nd disc. This just makes you think about what these people went through.

Cheers Holo :smashin: :smashin:

joffy1780

I agree,a masterpiece in my opinion.A film everyone should see at least once.

domtheone

Distinguished Member
joffy1780 said:
Yep:thumbsup:

hells_kitty666

Standard Member
joffy1780 said:
I agree. Maybe it should be on the recommended viewing list for secondary school children in the same way that there are recommended books for english lessons.

dave1de

Novice Member
hells_kitty666 said:
I agree. Maybe it should be on the recommended viewing list for secondary school children in the same way that there are recommended books for english lessons.
According to the book in the LE set of this film that is exactly what Steven Spielberg wanted to happen.

Kevo

An excellent film with so many great scenes.
The one that stands it for me is when Schindler kisses the Jewish maid at the dinner table in front of all the Nazi generals! Spielberg skillfully makes you (shamefully) gasp in disbelief along with the generals!

robyoung

hells_kitty666 said:
back in the day when i was at school, my history teacher made us watch this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Although i didnt fully appreciate it tili watched it again on DVD last year. Quality film, think you have to be in a certain mood to watch it though!

joffy1780

hells_kitty666 said:
Definitely.We were made to watch a film set in Auschwitz for Religious Studies,which was also very powerful.I want to see it again but can't for the life of me remember what it was called.

hells_kitty666

Standard Member
robyoung said:
back in the day when i was at school, my history teacher made us watch this. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Although i didnt fully appreciate it tili watched it again on DVD last year. Quality film, think you have to be in a certain mood to watch it though!
Unfortunately back in the day when I was doing my GCSE's it hadn't been made yet!! But I do remember watching The Untouchables and it really helped consolidate all that we'd learnt about 1920s USA & prohibition - it makes it a lot more real than reading about it.

partyweb

Novice Member
I remember watching it in the cinema when it came out. We went for the late night showing and left about 2 in the morning. The most startling bit was when the credits rolled up and first there was a total hushed silence and then everyone started applauding. That was the only time I had ever heard that in a cinema in my life. A truly moving moment for me.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Marantz SR7015 & NAD T 778 AVR + Mission LX2 MKII Speaker Reviews, AV & Film News and More
Top Bottom