Schindler's List Gift Set (Beware)

Mr Merrick

Established Member
Reaction score
Received the Collectors gift set on Friday and saw (even before opening) that the plexiglass case was cracked. Unwrapping the box made it worse as shards of plexiglass fell to the floor. If the set were undamaged, I'd have to say that the presentation is excellent (though I would have prefered a box similar to the 'E.T. Ultimate Gift Set'.)

I've e-mailed dvdboxoffice about the broken case and I'm waiting for a reply. What are my chances of getting a replacement?

it's a major problem with it, chances are if they sent you a replacement that would be the same.....can't see you having any problems getting a replacement though unless they decide not to ship because of this

my case drom dvdsoon was cracked also. Veronique in customer services says they've had a few :(

We had "a few" to say the least.. re ordered and 99% turned up the same.. so we had to take it off sale :(

Worst design of case ever for shipping me thinks...

Have one customer who's on his fourth replacement .......

'nuff said!

:suicide:

I guess the distributors wont be trying another case like that it the future!

Hi,

Can someone elaborate on this "case" please, and how it's been designed? Tell us what it looks like, what it's been made of, what it's supposed to do (just look nice, or house the DVD's). What has caused so many to arrive damaged or smashed to pieces?

Thanks.

pooch

Originally posted by PoochJD
Hi,

Can someone elaborate on this "case" please, and how it's been designed? Tell us what it looks like, what it's been made of, what it's supposed to do (just look nice, or house the DVD's). What has caused so many to arrive damaged or smashed to pieces?

Thanks.

pooch

It's almost square pure perspex type stuff, it's just no matter how much bubble wrap / air bags to pack it in if you bump it on any of its surfaces or on an edge etc it just cracks or shatters, big style.

Yep, mine was ever so slightly cracked as well... not to worried about it though. Nice to know i'm not alone.

I had no problems at all with my shipment from Amazon, the box came in perfectly alright :D

Having just come back from vegas,i can confirm only one out of twelve sets on the shelves WAS'NT cracked in virgin megastores and all copies had cracks at an outlet store nearby.Both said they could only refund if not happy!!!
The only good thing is the outlet store was selling with a 30% reduction !!

How annoying - does anyone know if there is going to be a region two version?

Attachments

• the-schindlers-list-gift-se.jpg
    the-schindlers-list-gift-se.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 568
Just read over at DVD Times that Universal have announced a price reduction on this set from March 29th - reduced from $79.98 to $34.98.

DVD Times state..."we have yet to receive any statement over why the price has dropped so much nor whether any changes have been made to the plexiglass packaging that has seen numerous complaints due to its fragile nature"

I was going to pre-order this set but I'm glad I didn't now. Couldn't be doing with all the hassle of sending back numerous packages for replacement - and that price drop is a real kick in the teeth to those who paid the higher price just a few weeks ago.

Very poor Universal. :nono:

Wow. That is unbelievable if true! Surely they will offer a refund to those who have already paid out full price...

At that price it would be rude not too!!

Im gonna order one @ that price, will movietyme be stocking this at a reduced price???

Originally posted by TheDot
At that price it would be rude not too!!

Im gonna order one @ that price, will movietyme be stocking this at a reduced price???

But what's the point?

Ok it may be $34.98. (£19-20ish if ordered from the USA with customs on top making it around £26ish. If Movietyme do reduce they properly wont go lower than £26-30), BUT the box will still properly be cracked, scratched & no good.

I still think Im going to go for the UK version which is not in the silly plastic box, but a good old fashion type one. Also the UK version of the film will not be on a "flipper dvd" but two separate dvds which all in all makes the UK a nicer, more practical set that this classic film demands, IMO.

Its £34.99 from Amazon.co.uk
http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos...94004/sr=1-2/ref=sr_1_2_2/026-8708810-5118827

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Finally I've received a reply e-mail from dvdboxoffice.com telling me I can return the set for a replacement. Predictably, the postage was high (£13.60!) so when I asked for a reimbursement for the return shipping I was told they'll only pay out $4 Canadian which is what?...£1.50?! This is cack service in my opinion and I think they should be avoided...I even ordered 'The Running Man' from them, which was advertised as having DTS-ES Discrete 6.1, only to find that the DTS track has been omitted to fit in a French 2.0 track. I was willing to let that slight technicality go, given that the Dolby mix wasn't that bad and the fact that some Canadians only speak French and not DTS.

Surely there's a trading law against this...Isn't it their responsibility?
Either the set was already damaged before postage when they got it from Universal, or it was damaged in transit due to the poor packaging (Plastic bag with thin layer of bubble-wrap).

Originally posted by Mr Merrick
Finally I've received a reply e-mail from dvdboxoffice.com telling me I can return the set for a replacement. Predictably, the postage was high (£13.60!) so when I asked for a reimbursement for the return shipping I was told they'll only pay out $4 Canadian which is what?...£1.50?!

That is surprising! I have just recieved a smashed DVD from DVDSoon (another canadian site) and their policy is that they will just send out a replacement - I don't even have to return the broken one!

same here lex :) and :( (for the origniaslly smashed one). I did query the return shipping as the returns policy seemd (to me) slighty ambigious. I couldn't tell if they refunded CAD$ 32 max or CAD$ 32/kilo max. It would cost £20 (ish) to return according to the post office web site for 1.5kg with packing.

But as you say I've had a despatch notice saying they've shipped a new one and they haven't asked for the old broken one returned.

u fancy giving me ure other broken one then graham.myers, I will pay postage of course :p

Mine arrived this morning in PERFECT CONDITION! :clap:

:clap: :clap: £17 delivered from Amazon.com :clap: :clap:

Wrapped up beautifully in a large box - sealed down with cellaphane.

Absolute total and utter bargain! :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom