Scenestyle 4 problem

Discussion in 'Smart Home, Climate Control & Security Forum' started by Richard Bateman, Feb 21, 2014.

1. Richard Bateman

Richard Bateman
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I'm brand new to this forum so apologies if I'm not in the right section, but any help would be greatly appreciated. I've had two Scenestyle 4 (Mode Lighting) control panels in my house for about 3 years now with no problems. I've had a faulty transformer in my kitchen (for one of my spots) for a few weeks now and I finally got round to having a look to see if I could fix it - I switched off the electricity and had a look, it wasn't burned out or anything and the halogen bulb is still fine (I tried it in another fitting - not one controlled by the Scenestyle) so I put it back into the ceiling (I didn't remove any wires or anything). My intention was to order a new transformer and fit it. So when I switched the electricity back on my Scenestyle 4 didn't come back on (no lights on the panel at all) and has been like that for the past 24 hours. I've noticed that all the lights that the Scenestyle controls flicker dimly every couple of minutes or so. Any ideas? It seems like the unit has just shut down for some reason and not come back up after the power came back on?

Thanks in advance.

2. sonice1

sonice1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

We have installed a fair few mode lighting systems and they have always been reliable. I don't believe we have come across this fault before.

Anyway the best people to ask are mode. There tech support are great.

I have also included a link to the user guide with troubleshooting page for the scenestyle4 for you to take a look at.

http://www.scenestyle.co.uk/SceneStyleUserGuide.pdf

Hope it helps