1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scene Selection

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by Gary Nash, Jan 7, 2004.

1. Gary Nash

Gary Nash

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    A major draw back with most R2 titles is the lack of captions on the Scene Selection screens.
    I understand that many discs have multiple languages to cater for, but the navigation options/Main menu choices are in English, so why can't the scene identifiers follow suit?

Not all studios omit the descriptive captions (Momentum releases of Red Heat & Basic Instinct are OK), but the Warners, Columbia, Dreamworks and MGM for instance are culprits.
    If you check out the Grounhog Day S.E., it's impossible to tell what day it is (ha! ha!) and the images for each scene aren't much help.

The only reason I bought Die Another Day was for the extra docs, but the lack of scene titles bugs me as does the stalled intro screen when I have to select my language.

And before anyone mentions the insert cards... remember that these are not the easiest things to read in the dark (some text is really small), and some discs are released without inserts.

Having upgraded from LaserDisc, I enjoy the interactive Menus afforded by the DVD medium and feel short-changed with most of my R2 titles.

So, does this bug anyone else ?

2. Britcitchris

Britcitchris
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gary,

Scene Selection isn't really a problem for me, but that's because I have a pretty good memory when seeing the images. If I didn't, then I reckon I would be in full agreement with you, there.

I am glad I am not the only one who has noticed the distinct lack of inserts, nowadys. Some inserts make good reading and contribute to my enjoyment factor of the dvd purchase. Considering the price of dvd's, I feel very short changed by the lack of one.

Chris.