Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Scene change query (Tosh SD330E)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Links, Aug 23, 2003.

1. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Recently bought a Toshiba SD330E from Amazon. Connected it to my Phillips 28PW6006 via the RGB socket. However I've noticed that when the scene changes there is a split second colour change. Its extremely noticable when the scene is a bright eg. a shot with a lot of sky in it.

Has anyone else encountered this problem? I've tried messing about with the E.P.M settings but it doesn't seem to make much difference.

TIA.

EDIT: Forgot to add, the scart lead is plugged into one of those multiple scart connector box things from Argos.

2. owenw

owenw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    A few obvious things you've probably already tried but....

Have you tried plugging the DVD player straight in to the TV and testing it?

Are you using decent SCART leads (as opposed to the freebie cables which came with the DVD player)?

Also make sure you're connecting it to a SCART socket on your TV which is RGB enabled.

hth
    Owen

3. matlane

matlane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed the same thing, but only when the player is set to RGB.

Have you had any luck solving this?

4. Howard0000

Howard0000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +84
    I had this when I was using my SD220E with my old TV which only had a composite input. Switched to RGB SCART and it's fine. Make sure your switch box is capable of RGB.

5. one_jedi

one_jedi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    II have never noticed this problem on my 6006 althougth I have loads others? Have you got contrast plus on as as you know this makes the screen darker for certain scenes so maybe this is what is doing it?

6. Links

Links

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Well it's definatly an RGB problem. Changed to S-video and the colours are a LOT more vibrant and pq is almost as good as RGB. Reading previous posts on this forum it appears there is quite a few people having trouble with the SD330 and RGB. I'm happy with the set-up now but people looking to buy this DVD player should be aware of these issues.

7. matlane

matlane
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've now tried my player on another TV (using the same Scart Cable and setting it to RGB) and there was no problem.

In both cases the player was linked to an RGB enabled scart socket on the TVs.

The odd thing is that both TVs are Panasonic. I'm not sure now if this is a player problem, a TV problem, or just some incompatability between the two.