Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Sceen size help needed!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by EnglishJohn, Apr 19, 2005.

1. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Can you check my math’s please!!

Ok I want a screen either 173 or 203cm wide, using a Sanyo PLV-Z3.

173 wide screen = min projector throw from the screen of 242cm max throw from screen 311cm

203 wide screen = 284cm and 365cm throw.

I’m correct at saying these are the maximum extremities that the projector can be too-or from the screen its self???

If they are then I am going to have to go for the larger screen because I have a light fitting on the ceiling in the way otherwise.

But would a 203cm wide screen at the seating distance of approximately 330cm be too big?

Help before I order the wrong thing! Thanks in advance John

(now better find my cammera so i can show before and after pics!)

2. nwhitta

nwhitta

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    The best way to decide your screen size would be to install your projector and project the image onto the wall. The select a screen size for an image that works best.

The beauty of a projector is the image size, so aim to reproduce the maximum size image you can. If the seating position is around 1.5 x the width of the screen, you should be OK. Too close and the picture artifacts, screen door effect etc. become visible.

3. EnglishJohn

EnglishJohn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    thats a good idea really, simple but i completely didnt think of just ordering the screen after i have the projector - i guess i just want to rush in and have it all NOW!
    I guess from what you have said though @ 1.5X seating will be ok at 330cm and the screen width of 203. Has anyone else got a similar size pics i could look at, cheers.
    So excited - boys and there toys.
    I hope it all live up to expectation!