1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCDT310E macro probs!

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by tin, May 4, 2004.

1. tin

tin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Wondering if anyones got one of these and seeing problems with the brightness of the picture fading in and out?

I have recently noticed the brightness fades rapidly, usually noticable on a still scene, when it starts bright and suddenly fades. It's enough to be disconcerting.

Just in case - I have absolutely NOT got this device running through the video. It's on an SVIDEO to SCART lead direct into AV1 of a Toshiba TV.

Anyone with a similar problem? Could it be over enthusiastic macrovision? I have seen this before on a panasonic Sky box. Please any ideas post them here .... it could be the 3rd system going back to RS!!!!

2. tall.small

tall.small
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the older model scdt100 and i've posted this problem before on this forum, but do you also get interference lines on screen when the DVD part of the system starts to play as well?

Just wondering if this series from Panasonic has underlying hardware faults.

I've contacted Panasonic about it but they were very little help.

3. tin

tin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hmm. I did search the forum but only for my model. I don't seem to have any other interference apart from the noticable fading out (and presumably in which I don't notice!)

I will keep an eye out though! I am going to experiment with different TVs today,