Scary swings!

stevemc81

Established Member
Reaction score
As a young kid I was a bit scared of the swings because I got whacked in the face by one once. So this picture is meant to evoke the fear!

Scary swings by stevemc_81, on Flickr

Love the shot and the processing, looks like a shot from a horror/thriller when a child's been abducted or something. Whether I think it fits the idea of 'through a child's eyes' perfectly I'm not sure as it doesn't strike me as you're looking at it from a child's perspective.

Dark and mysterious. A little bit scary film kind of mood. 70's horror! :) Yeah, fits the theme well enough for me. Although it must've been a very very small child ;)

It really does create the impression of fear! I like it :)

I like it as well, definitely conveys fear through a child's eyes for me.

Certainly doesn't give any sense of fear to me (guess you'd need to "have been there" as a kid ;)) - I think it fits the theme well but I don't like the noisy/grainy processing.

I actually wondered if anyone would try an "action shot" shot "from the swings" for this theme...

Jim

Certainly doesn't give any sense of fear to me (guess you'd need to "have been there" as a kid ;)) - I think it fits the theme well but I don't like the noisy/grainy processing.

I actually wondered if anyone would try an "action shot" shot "from the swings" for this theme...

Jim

Haha as well as considering the slide, I had thought about getting on the swings but since being grown up they just make me feel really sick! :zonked: as a kid I would spend hours at a time on them........Like trying handstands as an adult :laugh: never again....my arms collapsed under the weight :rotfl:

Very good processing, it has a dark tone in a number of ways.

Jim

I did have a go at an action shot but I couldn't get a decent result. My widest lens is 18mm and it didn't go wide enough to capture the fact I was on a swing. I think you'd need a fisheye to make it work.

Thanks for the comments everyone. I did take this from ground level rather than 'child' level I suppose but the idea was to make the swings look more imposing and threatening :)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom