Scarts wrong ?

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by tiberious, Jun 4, 2001.

1. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Is it me ?

My recently purchased Philips 32"6834c has 2 scarts, the first is for use with VCR`S and is RGB compatible, the second is Y/C compatible, and is for use with DVD etc.

Shouldn`t thatbe the other way round ?, certainly my JVC 7700 VCR can utilise y/c, but not RGB, and my DVD player could use either - result is , if I hook up the vcr and select y/c, I only get a black and white picture - select composite and its fine.

I am currently hooking up via s-lead to the av socket at the side (meant to be for cameras etc) - this works - but looks ugly !!

Any thoughts ?

Maybe I`m just being thick !!

ps - you cant swap the inputs around !

2. ISCM

ISCM

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you say, SCART 1 is RGB compatible, so I would recomend this for the DVD input. The video (unless it is SVHS) will only output composite and so can use either SCART socket. I would recomend using SCART 2 set to composite (from the TV menu) for the video. Remember that it is worth getting a good SCART cable for the DVD (around £20-£30). :p

3. tiberious

tiberious

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ISCM !!.

My thoughts exactly - vcr, IS svhs, but still is better suited to SCART2 - however, the vcr wont work in SCART2 (maybe input only ?) - certainly the manual states you must use scart 1 for the vcr, or the timer will not work.

I`ll try it again tonight to double check.