Scarts on SVHS Panasons860

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by garysteel, May 15, 2001.

Tags:
  1. garysteel

garysteel
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can I connect one of the scart sockets with a scart - Svhs and phono plugs to send and recieve svhs from the video, i.e. with a lead similar to the scart to 6 phono (composite and audio) but with an svid plug instead, if so anyone know who makes them.

Gary

2. mart.stokes

mart.stokes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Funny enough I know the answer to this one because of some investigation a mate of mine has done on the 860 when comparing it to a JVC.

Yes, but only one Scart socket. We discovered that the main Scart socket will take in as well as put out s-video. The second Scart will only take in composite.

I have ordered such a cable (it's only a cheap £7 plus vat and delivery Ross cable from www.beyondhifi.com ) that has two s-video plugs and 4 phono plugs so that my JVC s-vhs recorder can record s-video from my Grundig digibox and then output the playback to my telly (both items having s-video sockets). The Panasonic should be exactly the same.

Of course once I have proved it will work with the cheap lead I'll probably get a decent one from Lektropacks.