• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Scart video to USB possible? Home security cam.....

Maniac618

Hi everyone,

Just got a security camera delivered but it outputs video via scart.

Is there some kind of adapter I can get for cheap that can pass the scart video through to USB to a computer?

Thanks for any points in the right direction

BarryTheSprout

This is cheap and works well.

ClimaxDigital VCAP305 USB 2.0 VHS to DVD Converter: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

Can be a little niggle to setup - just make sure you go through all of the settings and check S-Video or Composite. (And be warned that many of the negative feedback posts on Amazon seem to be from people who didn't know what they were buying)

Once in place, it works both with the bundled software and with any other video product like VLC.

The only comment I would make is double check what gets installed. With the one I bought the software included some cruddy thing for Youtube - "Dyyno Broadcaster". Both on the CD and the install from their website it was not clear that this was being added to your PC. It is awful and slows the system down. BUT there is at least an uninstaller.

So once you have installed, make sure to check add\remove programs and remove "Dyyno Broadcaster"

otherwise product is great, simple, does the job. Feeds S-Video and Composite so will easily handle SCART (with the correct cable)

The latest video from AVForums

Fidelity in Motion's David Mackenzie talks about his work on disc encoding & the future of Blu-ray
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom