SCART to XGA converter?

Merritt

Established Member
Reaction score
Has anyone got (or used) a device similar to this with their Panny Plasma :

http://www.lektropacks.co.uk/product/technical.asp?dept_id=32&sku=671

If so - is the picture quality / size as good as RGB ?

I want to use it for plugging SKY+ into the VGA port on my Panny5, thus leaving the component inputs free for a progressive scan DVD.

Can anyone suggest similar (or better) options?

Cheers

Steve

You don't need one of those (and the quality will likely be poor too). Cheapest route is to go to Keene and use a SyncBlaster lead, best quality route is to go to JS Technology and get an RGB to Plasma VGA converter.

HTH

We specify and recommend the JS tech range, just like the banner at the top of the page. John will likely chip in shortly. They are more consistent, signal tolerant, and higher quality than the CYP ones. I have nothing against Lektropacks in general, prolink cables are excellent for the money, many other good products too, just this is not the sharpest knife in the RGB drawer.

Excellent stuff - thanks...

Silly question (maybe) but on my Panny 5, I currently have RGB SCART from my SKY+ connected directly to RGBS BNC inputs on the plasma via Lektropacks cable. Will I notice any difference in quality of the sky+ picture if I use this JS RGB to Plasma VGA converter?

Cheers,

Steve

I prefer the picture through the JS Converter, but bear in mind it is really a converter not an improver. IIRC on the 5 series you will lose JUST mode (aspect ratio) by using the VGA socket. However, my Dad's sky box has been connected using a JS box to his 5 series VGA for about 18mths and it's no worry here!!!

I'd agree with that, you will see an improvement, but not dramatic. Chief reason for changing would be to connect a component video signal to the BNC's. The VGA port is pretty redundant for most people.

Thanks again for the comments chaps - I was worried about seeing a worse PQ not a better one! :thumbsup:

Steve

Guys -

I am having some difficulty trying to contact JS... I sent an email Saturday morning (and tried the phone) and have tried the phone again a couple of times this morning but no joy... Anyone know if he's gone on holiday?? (or am I just being impatient :D )

Cheers

Steve M

I'm sure someone'll get back to you mate. Or you could visit any of the forum sponsors, pretty much all supply JS Tech gear as converters of choice.

Just a quick (public) message to say thanks to Progressive AV.. Ordered my bits yesterday afternoon, they arrived 10:20 this morning.... :thumbsup:

Top service ;)

Thanks!

Steve

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom