SCART to VGA RGB cable - where can I find one?

mrmuddle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, does anyone know where I can get a decent SCART -> VGA cable?
I'm simply looking for a straight through RGB and composite sync for use with a freeview box & Panasonic TH42PWD6.

Not after any of these crazy priced sync separators or anything, just the cable. I can't seem to find any online which actually list their pin connections. After purchasing one that was advertised for use as an RGB cable I looked inside the SCART to find none of the RGB pins were even connected, only composite video & audio.

If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated, I really hate soldering fiddly HD15 / scart buckets. Thanks.

I'm not too sure that the scart to VGA cable will work with the plasma.

Scart RGB is RGBcvS (sync on composite video) and VGA is RGBHV (separate Horizontal & Vertical sync) and the 2 are not compatible with each other without hardware conversion.
As far as I can see from the TH42PWD6 manual Here on page 10 it states that the VGA input can also be set to Component (note 9) but there is no mention of RGBcvS.

So I think to get Scart to VGA connection working you will need hardware conversion.

Mark.

Hi, thanks for the advice guys. But I really am just after the cable.

MarkE19: The VGA on the plasma will accept a hsync down to 15.625KHz, no problem and will accept composite sync from a correctly wired cable, just has to be set in the menu otherwise it'll be looking for H&V. I have it working right now only with two cheapo cables cut and twisted together to test. Looking for the following connection:

VGA SCART
1 15
2 11
3 7
6 13
7 9
8 5
10 7
13 20
Chassis 21

** EDIT: Oops those tabs didn't come through right ^ **

But I've just ended up ordering the bits from CPC instead though as I couldn't find any place that sells them and actually tells you what the connections are. Used to be a lot of those leads around when these screens were newer.

Still not cheap though....

syncblaster-cable-scart-to-15-pin-hd-svga-1.5m

4389679379_e9f649d9e7_o.png

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom