1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart to Six phono

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by keefy_boy_uk, Apr 12, 2005.

1. keefy_boy_uk

keefy_boy_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Help.
    I have just brought a Hitachi 42PD5200 and a Denon D-m51dvs. I want to use a scart on the Denon and a six phono connection on the Hitachi. My dilemna is that as a bit of a thicky, the six phonos are made up of 2 Yellow 2 red and 2 Black. But the connectors the diagram in the Hitachi booklet shows me are red, green, blue red yellow and white. They dont show which one of the leads go where? Very confused and bewildered.
    Can anyone help a newbie who just wants to get as best a picture as he can. I have brought good quality cables.
    Thanks anyone who can help...... :lease:

2. Damnyoureyes

Damnyoureyes
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not wholey sure if this is going to help much but going by the colours and the amount of connections

I think the 6 phono scart with 2 yell 2 red and 2 black will most probably be just composite video and stereo sound in and out (yellow video, red black left and right sound)

on the other one one will be the composite and stereo sound (yell and red and white) and the other bit component (red, green and blue).

What's the actual SCART lead say it's meant to be for? I don't think you'd get the component outputs out from the SCART?

Looking at the specs for the Hitachi I think you just need a fully wired SCART from AV4 to the Denon?

What have you tried so far?

I've added some links to the individual bits maybe somebody can be of further help

http://www.hitachidigitalmedia.com/DMG/viewProduct_1.jsp?productid=340&drilldown=2&urlnumber=0

http://www.denon.co.uk/site/popup/ansicht.php?p=ansicht&Pid=158&bild_nr=6

3. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,393
    I also think the scart to 6 phono lead is for stereo audio & composite video for signal in & out of scart. It wil not AFAIK carry YUV component or RGBs.

What I think you need is a scart to 'VGA 15 pin D-sub' lead, but this will only carry the video and not the audio. You will therefore need a separate phono stereo lead for the audio if you want sound from the screens own speakers.

Mark.