Scart to scart vs scart to phono?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by bees_knees, Jan 24, 2008.

1. bees_knees

bees_knees
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I have the following items to connect and want to get some good cables..

TV Panasonic TH-42PX70BA
    DVD Panasonic DMR-EX77EB
    standard Sky box

I have searched this forum and had decided on Thor scart leads and an HDMI cable (as yet undcided which one, lots to choose from) but as I was about to order the scarts I saw Thor cables which were scart to 3 phono. They were described as being `suitable for plasma Tvs` but I have no clue whether they are better than a scart to scart lead - I have no intention of going HD if that makes a difference.

Please can someone advise which is best before I spend my hard earned cash - scart to scart or scart to phono?

Thanks very much,

Caroline

2. Andy98765

Andy98765

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,365
    Scart to Phono and suitable for Plasmas does not go hand in hand, Scart to three phonos = Composite Video and stereo audio. Composite Video is the poorest connection available.
    Just make sure your Sky box picture settings are RGB not PAL (Composite) and 16:9 not 4:3. Also check your DVD player aspect is set to 16:9.

3. bees_knees

bees_knees
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Andy,

I`ll go ahead and order my Thor scart to scart cables. Will search the forum for info in the settings as switching on the plug and pressing the remote is the current limit of my skills.

Caroline