Scart to S-Video

bildr

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hope someone can help- I am trying to connect my Virgin box source to my Plasma TH50 Panasonic which has the component and S-Video plug ins.
I have tried buying three Scart to S-video cables believing them to have been faulty but each time I get a black and white picture with significant distortion to it. The plasma doesnt seem to have adjustment for signal-in other than component/RGB.
S-Video to S-Video is perfect quality from a DVD Player but my Virgin box only has Scart.

Anyone shed some light on the problem?:lease:

Unless the Virgin box allows you to select S-Video out you will get B&W which indicates all you are getting is composite out.
Not all Scart sockets have S-Video available to them, in actual fact most don't.

SCART to S-Video will not work unless your Virgin box outputs S-Video via the SCART connection. You would need to check the manual to see if it supports this and if it does, adjust it in the video settings menu. A SCART connection is just that, it is not a signal type, it can output composite video, S-Video, RGB and on compatible devices it can output component (YpBpR) as well but the only device I know of is the Topfield PVR.

I presume that your TV doesn't have SCART inputs (is it one of those TV's where you add connection modules?) and if that is the case your best option would be to get a QED RGB SCART to comonent converter box. You would need to connect the Virgin box separately for the audio to the audio inputs on your TV (or amp/h.cinema system if you have one). I would imagine the Virgin box has analogue outputs for the audio (red/white RCA phono)

If you google it you will get plenty of suggestions including a few from here.:)

I had a similar problem on my Pioneer dvd and it was a regional output setting.
Some of the solutions involve a soldering iron!! so do you feel lucky?!:)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom