1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scart to s-video pin specifications?

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Mr. Wilby, Oct 21, 2004.

1. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I have an Ixos S-video to Scart lead (from what I can make out of the scart-end writing and this page.

However, a couple of the solder joints have broken and besides which, I actually now need a Scart -> S-video lead, so its time to whip out the soldering iron.

I was wondering if anybody had any pin specs for such a lead?

For the video side, I found this page which looks like it has something helpful at the bottom:

http://www.flashbacksales.co.uk/acatalog/Connector_Wiring.html

However, my s-video connector only has 4 pins though - I noticed that this page it refers to a central 5th pin, and I don't have one!

Is it possible to convert this cable from "s-video -> scart" to "scart -> s-video"? Should I just give up and buy a new cable? ;-)

Thanks for any advice!

2. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Oh, and this is to connect a Humax 8000T output (scart, set to carry s-video) to a plasma input board's s-video input.

3. Mr. Wilby

Mr. Wilby
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    I found the cable pin-outs in the end. The keene catalogue (which they will send to you for free) contains the specifications somewhere in the cable section.