1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart to S-Video on PWD8

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steve_peak, Oct 31, 2005.

1. steve_peak

steve_peak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Having just bought a new panny pwd8, got my sky and dvd player going through a js rgb to vga converter and my ps2 going into the scart terminal i was pretty much sorted! However, having made watching tv much more complicated for the girlfriend i have also not bothered connecting the VCR! sensible option i thought, i'm sure most of you agree, sadly she didn't!

So i bought an IXOS scart to s-video lead to use on my Panasonic VCR. I now find that from my VCR it will only provide me with black and white output where as from any other source the lead works fine. I've had a look on my VCR options, of which there aren't many! and cannot get a colour picture! has anyone got any ideas where i'm going wrong??

2. chedmaster

chedmaster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +28
    the output isnt in s-video its composite, you need to convert it. do you have the scart board? or just JS tech?

3. Mep

Mep

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +468
    isn't there a composite input (BNC) on the free board that comes with the PWD8, you woudl just need an adapter to connect the yellow composite cable to from your dvd player. She may change her mind though once she sees it connected! far better to get a DVD recorder

4. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    Or buy a scart to composite lead to replace the scart/svideo one you have.

5. steve_peak

steve_peak
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah i've got the ps2 running in to the scart board, am i going to have to get a scart switcher? my plan to utilise my inputs has backfired it would seem!

6. LFCRules

LFCRules

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +188
    nah, you should be ok. As mep says, you have a composite input on the same board as the S-video one. So all you need is the correct lead between the video and composite input on the PWD8 to connect them up. Ok composite isn't the best, but then again if it is just video, it should be fine