Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Scart to RGB Composite

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by L0ony!, Mar 5, 2005.

1. L0ony!

L0ony!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I want to plug my Skybox into my PC monitor ( Dell 2405 ). My Sky digibox has a scart connection and my PC has the RGB inputs but I cannot find a cable that does what I need.

I find the other type cable easy, the one with Red White and Yellow, but no Red Green Blue connectors.

Im a bit of a n00b when it comes to this as you can probably tell but does anyone know were I may be able to find a lead that would be suitable

Thanx in advance!!

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    what inputs are on the Dell monitor?

3. L0ony!

L0ony!
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    From a review!!

The Dell display also offers a wealth of connectivity options, including VGA, DVI, composite, component, and S-video connections. It also has integrated picture-in-picture (PiP) that works with any pair of inputs. The PiP lets you display a small window in one corner (user-selectable) or side-by-side windows. The addition of component inputs is welcome and makes the unit suitable as a small HDTV monitor. But the DVI input does not support HDCP content protection, so you can't use it with HDTV sources that require HDCP. Since this is primarily a desktop PC monitor, it also lacks HDMI connections.

[​IMG]

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    you can choose composit (lowest quality) or get a JS RGB>YUV converter (best quality) or if it is sky+ S-video (somewhere in the middle)