• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Scart to RBGS

norge

Established Member
This cable that connects the scart output to a device with component video and synchronous input, does it have the audio signal as well or one needs a separate audio cable to feed the audio signal?

Thanks.

I am refering to Profigold PGV7405 cable

MarkE19

The cable you mention carries video only and therefore an additional cable will be required for audio.
Also the cable carries RGBcvS (composite video sync) and NOT YUV Component unless the scart outputing device can be set to send YUV via the scart socket - most can't. So if connecting to say an AV receiver with Component inputs this will be no good, you will require hardware conversion of the signal to connect to the receiver.

HTH,
Mark.

norge

Established Member
I intend to connect the scart to RGBs ...4 leads at the back of either a VP 50 pro or Edge box. I think with these it should work. Right?

However, scart output from my device can be set to YUV as well. If I opt to this setting I can use just 3 leads of this cable, the white synchronous will have no signal then?

Thanks

MarkE19

I intend to connect the scart to RGBs ...4 leads at the back of either a VP 50 pro or Edge box. I think with these it should work. Right?
Should be fine as that is the way I have my TiVo connected to the Lumagen. Just make sure that the inputs can be configured to RGBcvS as I don't know the details of these video processors.
However, scart output from my device can be set to YUV as well. If I opt to this setting I can use just 3 leads of this cable, the white synchronous will have no signal then?

Thanks
I believe this should work, but have never tried.

Mark.

norge

Established Member
Hi Mark

When I have the equipment I will try all possibilities. I like to experiment. However seems that Scart to RGBs cables by Profigold are either 5m or 10m long. Apart that it is a very expensive cable, the cable is too long. So I will be opting for a scart to RGBs adapter and then connect via phono to phono cables. Guess this would work as well and should output the same quality.

Not sure though. May be someone has something to say about these adapters....

norge

Established Member
I need not a converter. I just need an adapter. Then the video processing is done in EDGE or VP50 Pro.

My question is whether with an adpater I would get the same performance as with a Scart to RBGs lead. I would say the same but did not try it myself.

Thanks

Last edited:

norge

Established Member
Should be fine as that is the way I have my TiVo connected to the Lumagen. Just make sure that the inputs can be configured to RGBcvS as I don't know the details of these video processors.

I believe this should work, but have never tried.

Mark.

If I understood well you have a scart to RGBS connection. Are you using a Scart to RGBS cable or a Scart to RGBS adapter and then use phono to phono leads?

Joe Fernand

Distinguished Member
AVForums Sponsor
The cable you require is SCART to 4RCA - Media Factory - Van Damme, broadcast quality video cables

With your Source set to RGB (+Composite sync) you normally connect the 4RCA end of the cable to 1 x YUV + 1 x Composite or Sync input on a suitable VP.

RGB from the Source is likely to look sharper than YUV.

Joe

MarkE19

If I understood well you have a scart to RGBS connection. Are you using a Scart to RGBS cable or a Scart to RGBS adapter and then use phono to phono leads?
I use a preconfigured cable rather than a scart adapter and phono leads. Although you can use the scart adapters the only RGBcvS ones I've seen do not have the audio connections so that would need another output on the source device.

Mark.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom