1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCART to PC Lead

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by higenbs1, Oct 23, 2002.

1. higenbs1

higenbs1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    This may seem like a stupid question, but does anyone know if a lead exists, which will connect RGB Scart to PC RGB 15 pin input on a projector. It's just that I'm considering a Panasonic PT-AE100 in the near future, and the best output my DVD player has is RGB. I can't afford to upgrade the DVD player to component yet, so I was looking for some sort of conversion lead. Or will I have to make do with S-Video?

2. jasonb

jasonb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Blimey, I was thinking the same thing, and if it does exist then where can I get one and how much are they.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Lektropacs and keene do this, and depending on what you want to run, so does www.rgbtosvideo.co.uk I haven't tried any yet, I would like to do this too, would love to hear from anyone who posesses one. I want to run a PJ with it, can synch on 15khz, so all flavours will work for me I think? That figure is the critical one in my understanding. Most plasmas, some projectors(LCD) and no CRT's will be the same.

4. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Looking into it again this PM, the keene lead looks like the killer, it's electronics are hidden in the plug, available in long lengths, takes it's power from pin 8 scart, if it works well it's the man for me. Who has one?

5. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys - bad news.

There isn't any scart-VGA "adapter cable available that works with the AE-100.

As said, it's the 15kHz sync problem.

Best available is either RGB (scart) to S-video, or possibly RGB (scart) to component.

So with the addition of a Pro V, RGB (scart) to VGA is possible, but not without going to S-video/component first.

Of course, if your PJ can sync to lower ferq. signals, those leads should work OK, but not with the AE-100.

6. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Another ae drawback then. I guess component is the way to go, you can get RGB-component converters, same sources.