SCART to HDMI Converter

AgentOrange

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi all, did a search on the forums and found nothing so here goes...

Seen a SCART to HDMI Converter on eBay tonight.

Anyone any experience of these? I'm thinking that it could be used for connection between Sky + SD and my HDTV thus bypassing the need to buy a Sky HD box. I appreciate that this wouldn't give me access to the HD channels but would it upscale the standard channels and provide a better quality picture to my TV. Effectively a compromise between what I've got and the expensive Sky HD system.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Your HD display already scales any source be it via scart or hdmi so there is little or nothing to gain by spending this sort of money and seriously there is world of difference between upscaled HD and real HD:)

waste of money mate.it wont make one iota of difference to your sky+ pic in fact it will probably make it worse!

Thanks, looks like the extra money for a Sky HD box is worth it then?

Well if you buy it via a third party and therefore don't need the HD subscription you will also get BBCHD and CH4HD plus ITVHD in a few months and if you already have a SKY channel package then the SKY+ features will be active on the HD version of the box.

The SD channels may benefit from the HDMI (digital) connection compared to the RGB scart you are using now and it may be the scaler in the SKY+HD is better than the one in your TV at the mo.

I would certainly consider a satellite HD set top box as a better investment then that device be it SKY HD or in a few months Freesat HD.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom