SCART to COMPONENT or (SHARP LC32GA5)

captaindobie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have recently purchased the Sharp LC32GA5 which i am very happy with.
I currently run every source that i have into the SCART (RGB) socket on the TV via a SCART switch box.

(None of which produce a progressive output)

However, would i find any impovement in running SCART (RGB out) into the COMPONENT inputs on this TV? (via a SCART to COMPONENT cable)

In addition, would SCART to the Analogue PC input (D-SUB 15 pin RGB) produce even better results again?

Worth doing?
If so, where is the best place online to buy the necessary cables?
(Keene Electronics?)

Not without some sort of Deinterlacing device in the middle. Simply converting the Interlaced RGB SCART output to Interlaced Component probably wouldn't make any visible difference.

Neither would converting the Interlaced RGB SCART to progressive Component.
Progressive is only an advantage when you have progressive source material. Converting interlaced to progressive is what the TV does, and when your TV does not do it well you are better off buying a new TV than adding external boxes.
With the Sharp LC32GA5 I would not worry about that.

Just a question from an interested buyer, what do you think of the picture on the sharp (just dvd) do you ever notice lag in the image or the picture not being 3d enough because of bad blacks?

funny that I have the same TV and was thinking about getting a scart to component lead, I thinking about scart from the RGB out on my DVD to the componet on the TV. so I can free the 1 RGB socket I have on the set, hadn't thought about the idea of a switch box, it sounds like either option won't make a dramatic diffrence to the PQ, but so long as it's not worse ?

Llanowar,

In my opinion, the picture from DVD is stunning!
I have spent a wee bit of time tweaking the settings (using DVE) and have got a picture that i am very happy with. Most of the SKY channels also look quite good, but as i have mentioned in a previous post the channels broadcast at a poorer bitrate can look a bit dodgy. (i am viewing the TV from about 10ft)
Watched parts of Monsters Inc the other night and it looked exceptional. Also watched a few scenes from Gladiator, and again, i was very impressed.
No signs of image lag either, and i watched quite a lot of footie over the weekend. I have the movement compensation option switched on in the menu and it seems to work (quickshoot?)
Using this option does give each programme a very live feel (if you know what i mean - saw this effect on a Loewe Articos 32 previously)
It may not be to everyone's taste, but personally i like it.
With regard to displaying blacks, i found that getting the right combination of settings (contrast, brightness, back light) can produce excellent results.
Certainly better than i had expected.
I am very very pleased with this TV. :thumbsup:

Thanks for the reply, you were in my shoes to (totally nail biting on what sort of tv to take...plasma, dlp, lcd....and then what brand and what functions it has..arghhh!) so these kind of comments really help me.

The quick shoot gives an extra electrical boost were needed to make sure the respons time almost halves i've read somewhere. Anyway good to hear it works cause i love soccer :)

I was told the other day to watch the opening scene from Lord of the Rings (fellowship of the ring), so I did and was blown away ....... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom