1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

scart to 4-pin S-VHS ??

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by moonmelon1, Jan 26, 2004.

1. moonmelon1

moonmelon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i want to watch tv through my dlp projector, i boutght a through adaptor to run S-VHS lead to the projector but only get monochrome signal to the projector, i was told not all tv's or projectors would be compatable with the adaptor , what pins do i need to connect to make a patch lead from scart (output) to s-vhs(input) ??

any suggestions??

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Are you running from the back of a TV?

Chances are that you will only have a composite video output on any SCARTS if this is the case. (Unless you have a Tv with an integrated digital tuner for Freeview or Sky).

The best option would be to buy a Freeview box and take an s-video, RGB or Component feed from one of these.

3. moonmelon1

moonmelon1
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i have a s-video connection on the back of my DVD player that works perfectly, i was hoping to tap into the scart signal supply going into the TV to also watch sky or play my PS2 via the s-video connection to the Projector.....

4. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Your best option will be for a direct feed from the PS2, DVD and SKy to the projector.

Do you have an AV amp/receiver that can do video switching?

5. MarkE19

MarkE19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,389
    The chances are that your Sky box does not have an S-Video output. AFAIK the only Sky boxes to output S-Video are Sky+
    S-Video sends the picture (B&W) on 1 pin and the colour on another. The composite signal is on the same scart & S-Video pin as the B&W picture of an S-Video signal so the S-Video input ignores the colour signal which is why you get a B&W picture.
    To get a colour picture from Sky to an S-Video input you will need something like the RGB to S-video converter from Here

Mark.