Scart Sync Sperator

Just seen a previous post from spammonkey about the keene one. Sorry.
I'll keep this open just to remind everyone anyway.

Azzo

I see nobody replied to spammonkey, well I've got one. Had it about a month now, and very pleased with it, and Keene. Can't speak too highly of them. However, it won't work with the PTAE100, it works with a horizontal freq of 15.625khz, the panny requires 30. End of story. Check the Lektropaks tech info, give them a ring, they will know if it will work. Other than that, it's a pro-v, which some people really rate here.

Thought as much, it looks like much of the same thing.
Pro-v, Had one, sold it.
I couldn't get on with the macrovision problems + the jaggies on
fast moving scenes + Colour 'unnaturalness'.
I guess a HTPC is called for. Or do I wait for affordable progressive scan PAL DVD players. Decisions, Decisions.

I don't have the AE, it's said to be brill with HCPC, it's what I use for DVD, just use the synchblaster for NTL. No player will get close to a HCPC IMHO, but you have to like tweaking. Also it's not cheap, think high end player for budget. But if you've got broadband thinkl of the possibilities, we always watch the trailers 1st!

I have tried my PJ with my HTPC and it is very, very good,
I can't imagine a better source, however, the damn thing
is just too noisy and too ugly. Cost wise, I think a decent PAL
progressive player will cost me the same as sprucing up my PC.
But will the pictures be comparible?
Azzo

Not at the price of improving an existing PC. If it'll run DVD software now, just a good graphics and sound upgrade, and a bit of sound reduction will fix it, maybe £250 or so? You can't buy a player to match it for that.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom