1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart sync on green for NEC 9PG+

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stratman, Jun 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have wired up a scart to BNC lead to connect my STB/DVD player up to my 6010 Switcher which will accept sync on green, following Gordons advice that I need to put a 50 Ohm resistor between pin 19 and pin 11 (green signal). Although the input info says it has picked green-sync the picture is not syncing properly.
    Any ideas? The manual says G sync 0.3-0.6 V p-p 75 ohm Negative.

Thanks Simon.

2. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Just to test, try putting the green into the composite sync input of the PJ.Does the projector lock? (but give red and blue)

If so make up your lead so that you have RGB as normal no resistors and use the composite sync out of the scart as the sync lead into the projector ie 4 wires.

sorry haven't got the numbers to hand

3. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Roland,

I tried that but it didn't work, it would sync up for a few seconds then lose it. I then got my brain in gear and realised that the reason I need sync on green is that, I understand it the voltage put out for the sync from a scart socket isn't high enough for the normal H/V sync input on the switcher (0.7-4.0 V p-p 1K ohm negative or positive) but should work with the G-sync (0.3-0.6 V p-p 75 ohm negative).

Regards, Simon.

4. Roland @ B4

Roland @ B4

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
  5. stratman

stratman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    OK, I tried building the sync separator as detailed in the link above and it still doesn't work. This is probably due to my inept soldering or it could be due to my total inexperience in building electronic circuits. So is there anybody out there who has built one of these who can give me some detailed instructions, preferably with an actual picture of the finished article.

Regards, Simon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.