scart switcher-will this work?

martin day

Standard Member
I've got the new TOSH RXDS34 recorder with the SATMON passthru trouble is my PANNY TV doesn't auto switch to SKY (checked with Panny and u can't do it with this model) so evrytime I turn my tv on I have to make sure TOSH is in standby with SATMON off first then when I press this button it switches TV over to SKY!! Great fun huh!

Well I've sort of got round it by using a scart switcher £15 from Argos (which I've used b4 and works fine).

At the mo I have now got scartbox into TV and then SKY+ and DVDR into two separate scarts and this now works fine. When I turn on my TV I just press SKY on remote and it turns over.

But what I want to know is that I want to add a VCR again (to tape onto DVD) and also to be able to record from SKY+ harddisk to DVD hard disk.

If I connect the VCR up to the other spare scart and then use the selector buttons for recording so for example A (DVDR) to B(SKY+) or A to C(VCR) will this work ok or do I have to have more scart leads going from one piece of equipment to another?

Top Bottom