1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart Switcher Problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Corvenstein, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Corvenstein

Corvenstein

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Hi, first post and a bit long winded for probably a simple question... but here I go.

I have just purchased a Sony widescreen TV (KD-28DX51) and a Sony Home Cinema System (DAV-SR2) which is connected to the TV via the RGB scart socket. I have turned the speakers off on the TV and when I select the TV function on the DAV-SR2 it automatically switches to Freeview and the sound comes out its speakers.

The problem is that I also have a PS2 that I wish to connect via the RGB socket so I purchased a scart switcher from Argos, made by Hitachi, but when I connect it all up I have good quality pictures from both the DVD and PS2 but no sound when the DAV-SR2 is switched to the TV function.

I have had a look at the wiring on the scart switcher and only about 11 or so of the pins are connected, whilst on the scart lead for the TV all the pins are wired. The question is... is it due to scart switcher missing a vital wire or two which feeds the sound back from the TV to the DAV-SR2 and if so could anybody recommend a good quality scart switcher which supports this. I only need to be able to connect two RGB scart leads through it.

Thanks in advance for you help.
    Richard

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
  3. Corvenstein

Corvenstein

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +77
    Thanks for your reply, went into Dixons after work and managed to get the JVC one for £10.99. Worked a treat, thanks for your help. :thumbsup:

Richard

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    cracking arent they i use one for consoles....Cant have more than one input device on at once.