1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart switchbox - the instructions from hell

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Jansheff, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Jansheff

Jansheff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone got a Nikkai L11BB switchbox as sold by Maplin? Or can anyone turn the instructions below into plain English please? This thing cost me £20 and I've unable to do anything with it at all. The best I've achieved so far is video or freeview sound only (no picture). :confused:

When all switches are not pressed down, the signal will transfer from SCART A to TV MONITOR and OUTPUT (RCA) with simultaneous output.
    When you press switch C only, the signal will transfer from SCART C to SCART A, TV MONITOR and OUTPUT (RCA) with simultaneous output.
    When you press switch C-A/B-A, the signal will transfer from SCART B to SCART A. If you press both the switches C-A/B-A and A/B, the signal will transfer from SCART B to SCART A, TV MONITOR and OUTPUT (RCA) with simultaneous output.
    If TV OUTPUT (RCA) is connected with TV OUT, the signal will transfer from TV OUTPUT (RCA) to OUT SCART connector.
    When you press switch RGB, SCART A, SCART B and SCART C will separately transfer the signal with RGB signal.

Phew! I've tried studying this and working it out, but I always lose the plot before I get half way through.

It's a strip with 4 scart sockets labelled A, B, C and TV MONITOR, then there are the RCA OUTput plug things on the end. There are 4 buttons, labelled A/B, C, C-A/B-C and RGB. Is is attached to whichever device by a scart plug labelled OUT.

2. AMc

AMc
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,189
    I don't have this device but if there is an RGB button and your freeview is set to output RGB over SCART then you will need to press this to enable that to route through.
    If you post what equipment you have to connect and what you want to acheive we may be able to give you more help.

3. Jansheff

Jansheff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Andy.

I am trying to add a freeview and a new DVD player to what was previously a simple set up of TV and VCR. Everything has 2 scart sockets except the DVD. At the moment I have the DVD direct into the TV via scart and the Freeview into the TV and the VCR into the Freeview, but I don't get a wonderful picture without a scart direct between the TV and VCR. It's a new VCR, so I want to get the best pic possible.

I have tried connecting the STB to video (scart) video to TV (scart) and the DVD to TV (scart) and all work independently. The trouble is if I turn on the video, the freeview immediately goes off - I can't even have the video on stand by, if I want freeview to be on. So I can't record while watching Freeview.

Hence the experiments with the switchbox - and having paid for it I want to get it working and the kids might decide to get a playstation or something that will need it at a later date.

Thanks again for your help. I'm getting myself more and more confused trying to sort it out. Hope this makes sense.