Scart switch problem

Brind

Standard Member
I was sure the Scart switch I bought a couple of years ago was full RGB on all sockets. However, at the time I just plugged in my scarts and didn't test anything.

I'm going to buy a PS3 so I want the best I can get (I don't have HD so RGB is the next best for me).

To test RGB in my setup, I used my Sky box connected directly to my TV and checked the setting in the menu was outputting RGB (Swtiched to PAL to see the difference). It works.

However, when I add my scart switch to the equation, Sky set to RGB, Sky connected to switch, switch connected to TV.. I get some serious ghosting! However, switching off RGB, it works ok, obviously as it's using composite instead.
I have tried connecting Sky to other sockets on the switch, incase maybe, RGB is only wired on one. Nope, same happens on all.

My Switch is automatic, it senses a signal and switches so it's powered.

Is my issue simply that my switch doesn't pass through RGB? I was pretty sure it said it did! It has gold connectors, all pins are showing in the scart plug, had a fancy box saying how good the quality was etc. :D

So, if it's conclusive I have no hope, can anyone point out a scart switch (auto as I'm lazy would be great, but doesn't really matter) that is REALLY FULLY wired to pass through RGB on ALL scart inputs? It would be great. Don't need anything 24carat plated, breathed on by the Queen and costing the same as a working kidney.

Thanks. :)

D

Deleted member 30535

Is my issue simply that my switch doesn't pass through RGB? I was pretty sure it said it did! It has gold connectors, all pins are showing in the scart plug, had a fancy box saying how good the quality was etc. :D

Sounds like it is not RGB capable.

So, if it's conclusive I have no hope, can anyone point out a scart switch (auto as I'm lazy would be great, but doesn't really matter) that is REALLY FULLY wired to pass through RGB on ALL scart inputs? It would be great. Don't need anything 24carat plated, breathed on by the Queen and costing the same as a working kidney.

Thanks. :)

Interestingly enough, Maplins appear to have a good value unit (never used one myself as I have a B-Tech Quintro unit).
http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=97941&doy=1m1&C=SO&U=strat15

EDIT: Just seen this a manual unit, so perhaps not best suited for you.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom