1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart Splitting Question (related to projectors - honest)

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by nunew33, Dec 2, 2003.

1. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    i want to split scart out on Sky to three: projector, video sender and TV.

If I get a basic splitter rathar than an amplified splitter, is the quality loss negligable or noticeable.

I know this is subjective. Assume I am not a perfectionist, but I can see the difference between composite, Svideo and componant!

2. bigmacx

bigmacx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    I've got a non-amplified splitter that I use to split the output of a Pace Cable box to a TV and a projector. As soon as I connect the cable that's plugged into one of the outputs of the splitter into the projector the TV image dims quite noticebly although this appears to be the only effect. No other reduction in quality is detectable. If the cable isn't plugged into anything then it's fine.

It's not a problem for me as I'm only using the splitter to get a cable out of the back of my Hi Fi rack to the projector and it can be simply unplugged at the projector end when not is use. If you want a permanent or handier solution then you'll need an amplified splitter.

Mac.

3. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Thought as much, tthat blows my cabling budget. Cheapest I can find is £70 for a 5 when I only want 3!

4. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2