scart splitters?

S

sponshagga

Can you get a scart splitter that takes from one source and will go into two? All the ones I've seen are 2 into 1 and not 1 into 2. It's to get my cctv into a modulator to go around the house RF and also to plug into my lcd tv for pip. Also something that puzzles me. My Thomson lcd came with a d-sub to component cable and the manual suggests you can use this to feed component signal into the d-sub(pc) input. Is this the case with all lcd tv's or is this a special mod on the Thomson 27"?

Yes - I have one. Got it from Lektropacks I think, but it may have been Keene (not at home so I can't check - sorry). Works well.

John Sim used to do one, but his new design passes RGB through one output, and the other outputs s-video via scart. Not quite a RGB scart splitter but nearly and John's gear is always well made.

The component into d-sub thing is not unique, NEC projectors and panasonic plasmas do it to name 2, but it's certainly not universal with any class of product.

I bought one recently which was an svideo switcher with two equal ouputs. It switched 3 or 4 svideo+stereo phono inputs, giving two equal outputs, to go to my TV+prov.

They also did a component version, but I can't remember where I got it from. It has AVTOOL written on it though if that helps.

edit = try this link for details:

switcher with two outputs

have they updated the quattro/quintros? I thought the 2nd output was only composite?

The Quintro can be set up as a 1 in 5 out RGB scart amplifier!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom