SCART SPLITTER

H

hawke2

5 way scart splitter connected to TV.
With DVD player connected to splitter and running, all is well.
If I attempt to connect any other scart device to splitter while DVD is running, there is a considerable drop off in sound - disconnect additional device and sound returns as normal.

Any thoughts please?

A link to the SCART 'Splitter' would be handy and where are you connecting this 'other' device?

Joe

I actually have two DVD players and one video player which I would like to connect to scart splitter.
But as I mentioned, with one DVD player connected and running all is fine, but if I plug in the other players the sound drops off considerably.
Scart splitter is nothing special, just one scart plug leading to 5 sockets.

I suspect you have a Switch (5 Source x1 Display) rather than a Splitter (1 Source x 5 Displays)!

Can you outline what kit you are working with and outline what you are looking to achieve.

Joe

Joe,
Please see attached pic.

What I am looking to achieve is to have all three players plugged into scart box with no loss of volume.
Panasonic TV - 2 Panasonic DVD players - Sony Video Player

Attachments

• scart.jpg
    scart.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 57
Replace the passive SCART device with a powered device - the B-tech Quintro used to be the best option - you may pick one up secondhand in the AVF Classifieds.

Joe

I've got a Quintro I would sell. If you want it let me know and I'll put an ad up. Brilliant thing just not used any more.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom