SCART splitter - will it work?

blairmichael59

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi

I'm considering buying a SMART TV to replace my current HANNSPREE TV.

The HANNSPREE has 2 SCART sockets which is ideal as the TV connects to V+ box and a DVD player/burner.

As all new SMART TV's appear to have only 1 SCART socket, will a splitter solve the problem?

Thanking you in eager anticipation

Mike

Best solution is to start using HDMI connections. Does your V+ have one of these? If not why not talk to Virgin about a replacement/ upgrade. You will then get HD.

Many thanks for your prompt response.

I could upgrade to TIVO but the V+ suits me as it has the facility for burning DVD's (essential).

The V+ box does have an HDMI connection but I have been unable to get this to work - probably because of the configuration.

Will the new SMART TV require HDMI connections?

Regards

Mike

All new TVs have HDMI which means they are HD capable. If you use scart you are limited to standard definition.Many flat screen TVs sold in Europe still have at least one scart fitted for older components.

The scart splitters work but not very ideal. Usually controlled either by switching one unit on while the other is off or with a switch. These days, they should be only considered for older boxes limited to SD

Looks like I may have to give up the DVD burner - will check and see if it has any HDMI connections

Looks like I may have to give up the DVD burner - will check and see if it has any HDMI connections
The V+ box will still output an analogue signal through the video out scart when using the HDMI output so will still be able to connect the DVD burner. You have to go into the settings on the V+ box to enable the HDMI out to work. The scart TV out socket on the V+ box won't work simultaneously with the HDMI so make sure you have a HDMI lead connected up to the TV when you alter the settings as the scart signal will be dropped. But as stated earlier the video out one will still work as before.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom