• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Scart (Spaghetti) Juntion

T

Tezdread

Hi all,

This is one of those questions that crosses over a couple of the forums here so hopefully this is the best place for it...

I need some help with wiring my equipment up as I just can't get my head around it.

The kit I'm trying to connect together is:

Sky Digibox (2 scart outputs - TV & Video)
TV (2 scart inputs)
PC running Windows Media Centre (SVideo In Via Scart/RGB Box & SVideo - Scart Output)
AV Controller (4 scart inputs and one scart output)
DVD Player (1 scart output)
I also have another double scart (input) to single scart output (no switches)

I have it all working at the mo but not how I'd like. (i.e. Sky just goes to the RGB box then SVideo to the PC)

What I'm trying to do is have my Sky box output to both my PC and TV so if I want to turn my PC off I don't have to unplug / re-plug scart cables to watch Sky...As well as watch DVD's (not at the same time! ;))

I've tried a few different ways but can't seem to get it to work.

Does anyone know if this is possible with the kit I have or possible with additional kit?

If so how do I need to arrange all the cables?

T

Tezdread

got the solution...
just needed to use the TV Out on the Sky to the PC and the Video Out to the TV

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom