Scart Sockets

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by TOM ALLEN, Oct 14, 2002.

1. TOM ALLEN

TOM ALLEN

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Hi Guys & Gals,
    I have a SONY 725D DVD player & use IXOS 126 scart to scart, what is buggin' me is the weight of the plugs, they tend to droop & therefore the connection is not 100%. Sometimes the picture & sound goes, but, most of the time I can hear voices in the background. Once I push home the offending plug everying is ok,why can't manufacturers make the sockets deeper & allow plenty of space for 2 plugs side by side. I'll probably have to buy new scart leads with "straight" plugs instead of theconventional type.Hope this makes sense, any comments welcome.:mad:

2. wellsi

wellsi

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +29
    My TV has a plastic hook 2 inches above the scart sockets, allowing me to hook the scart cables through. This supports the weight of the cables and stops the plugs from drooping / falling out. I would imagine a simple bathroom / kitchen adhesive hook would achieve the same. Quicker and easier than building your own set of plugs!

Cheers,

3. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Another problem not to do with weight but I can't use the audio outs on the back of my Pace digi box when using these Ixos/Qed leads, it's a good job the audio outs on the TV I have now work and sound ok.

4. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Again, similar with my Philips 24PW6006C TV, the RGB socket is right next to a ledge on the back, so my Thor scart is carefully wedged between that and the wall so the video and control connection's are made - no joy with sound although it's not a problem since I use the outputs on my DVD player and TV itself.