Scart Socketry

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by rowbos, Jul 21, 2002.

1. rowbos

rowbos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi,

Considering the purchase of a tv with only 2 scarts.

Also considering purchase of a Sony all in one home cinema solution which only does s-video out and does not have any scarts at all...

Current equipment includes an NTL digital cable box and a vcr.

What recommendations do you have in terms of connecting this lot up given the 2 scarts on the tv to be considered?

Would i need to buy a scart break-out-box to split AV2 on the tv to two sockets - and connect the NTL box to AV1 on RGB, and the vcr to the NTL box and one of the two extended AV2 scarts, with the Sony all in one going to the other extended AV2 socket?

If this is the best way to connect up - have you got any recommendations for scart products - i dont want to manually switch - so is there anything out there that will switch for me - when i turn on the Sony unit for example - how will it work?

And will i get auto widescreen switching when i use the Sony DVD unit - given there is no scart - so no scart pin 8 detection etc? (i normally leave my current w/s tv in auto mde which seems to work quite well).

Thanks!

Steve.

2. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Try visiting www.keene.co.uk they have a good selection of Scart switches and connectors for varying budgets, beware though I tried a cheap fully wired scart splitter (into 2 sockets) and found that this caused buzzing throught speakers. I changed this for a BTECH switch box which works fine.