Scart setup

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by scottygio, Dec 28, 2006.

1. scottygio

scottygio
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need help setting up the following system:

1) a cable box ntl digital. This has its CABLE input, antannae input,rf output and 2 scarts marked t.v scart and vcr scart.

2) DVR (hard disk recoder) with inbuilt freeview. This has an rf input, rf output, and 2 scarts marked tv scart and tv2/vcr scart.

3) lcd digital tv with inbuilt freeview. This has an antenna connection and 2 scarts marked scart (smartlink) and scart.

At the moment i have my antenna cable connected through the cable ntlbox,from there to the dvr recorder and finally loops from there to the lcd tv.

I have put a scart cable between the vcr scart of the cable box and tv2/vcr of my dvr. The cable box TV scart is unused.
    From my DVR i have a scart connection called TV scart which connects to my lcd scart (smartlink).
    My digital tv is working fine but dvr is in conflict with the cable box. Maybe its the way i've set up the scart leads.
    I amplanning to connect another scart lead between the cable box (Tvscart) and the lcd scart.
    I know this is confusing but basically i want to use the dvr to record both digital and cable channels. Is this possible.
    Any help and advice would be much appreciated,

regards

scott

2. ste74

ste74
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1