Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

Scart -> Scart (RGB) + 2 phono

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by durandal, Apr 8, 2005.

1. durandal

durandal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi -
    I've got a digital set top box with an RGB Scart out but no separate audio out.
    Can I get a cable to send the RGB signal to the scart on my telly, and split off the audio via a stereo pair cable to my amp? (i've seen scart to phono, or scart to phono + svideo, but not the one i need)
    or would i have to use a normal scart to the tv, then use phono out from tv to amp (thinking out loud).
    I'm looking for the best sound / picture combo without going overboard on cost.
    IF i got a scart splitter such as joytech av control center, could i plug the scart into that, then "steal" audio to my amp.
    TIA

2. eviljohn2

eviljohn2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +208
    Search www.cpc.co.uk for "scart breakout" and you should find a pass-through adaptor that provides RCA sockets for getting the audio out. Maplins, ebay and the other usual suspects will probably have something similar too. :)