1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

scart s-video in

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by oxygenuk, Dec 14, 2004.

1. oxygenuk

oxygenuk
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, just have a question on scart inputs if the scart states it has rgb, cvbs s-video etc, if i chose the s-video from the menu, im guessign i would be able to select, would that mean i would be able to use a s-video to 21 pin scart lead? like using the s-video end on the dvd player and using the scart end into the tv? would this work? and also do scart>s-video leads produce better quality than just standard rgb scarts? thanks. :lesson:

2. StevieDvd

StevieDvd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +151
    Basically yes.

Match the signal type with the output from the source.

I have always read that the best is component, next rgb, next s-video then composite.

But a good s-video can beat a poor rgb so you would need to verify for yourself.

3. Ian J

Ian J
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,906
    I have no idea whether a scart to s-video lead is better than a scart lead on it's own and would guess that it is down to the quality of the individual lead rather than the general design.

4. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    This would work but there is no difference using S-Video via Scart to Scart or Scart to S-Video, similar cables assumed.

Make sure however that the Scart at the TV end is S-video capable before buying any cables.