1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart routing in a wall.

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by zenki200, Jan 20, 2005.

1. zenki200

zenki200

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have my LCD connected to my system using a scart and wanted to wall mount my screen. My amp doesn't have s-video out and the only other alternative to scart is the yellow/red/white plugs which give a lower quality signal as I understand? What is the best way to connect them together once the panel is mounted. I thought of fitting a female scart connection point by the unit and another behind the panel and running a cable between them. Has anyone done this? The other option is chasing a scart lead into the wall (which is plasterboard/stud work) with the plugs hanging out each end. This will look a bit messy as I wanted to feed the cables through blanking plates to tidy things up which would require a rather large hole in the plate to feed the scart plug through. Any ideas?

2. Thunder

Thunder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    I would get a blanking plate with a scart socket fitted, www.keene.co.uk to a good selection of connectors and blanking plates. It will take a bit of fiddly soldering work but will look much better than a cable hanging out the wall :thumbsup:

3. John

John

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,828
    I've buried a scart lead .Only installed a single , instead of double gang box though doh :suicide: .However , as the cable exits the wall behind my rack , and behind my screen , no one see it :smashin: , so I don't care :laugh:

atb
    John