1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SCart RGB to 4 x RCA Projector Cables...

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Scart2RGB, Feb 4, 2001.

1. Scart2RGB

Scart2RGB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been searching high and low for a high quality Scart to RGB (RCA type). Can't find one anywhere. Can anyone help please?

2. Edgeyboy

Edgeyboy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +153
    Lektropaks do one.
    I got one to go from an ondigital box to my VW10HT.
    Good quality lead too.

3. pbess

pbess
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Using this RGB cable does the 10HT work in 16:9 mode or does it default to 4:3? I've been told the Sony only works in 4:3 mode with a RGB connection becuase the projector beleives it's a computer input.

What pins are used on the SCART connector?

4. Paul D

Paul D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +391
    The Vw10HT uses the same Phono connections for the computer input, as it does for RGB+sync from your DVD/cable/satellite. So you just select "DTV GBR" instead of "Computer" from the input menu(allowing full resizing etc).<br />I'm using RGB from my DVD player at the moment and its a great improvement over Svideo, this may have been because i have to use a very long(30ft+) lead.

5. simoncope

simoncope

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I presume this just works for interlaced RGB from sat boxes and the like (ie only at a H freq of 16.5 kHZ). One of the main changes Sony are making for the upcoming VW11 (allegedly) is that it will allow proper handling of 16:9 RGBHV signals (they currently display as a 4:3 image in the middle of the screen as you say)