1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart - RGB+CS questions.

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by lizaradley, Feb 16, 2003.

1. lizaradley

lizaradley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all

Just got a scart to rgb+cs. Plugged them all in to my Panny 37", no problems. I've got a couple of points for clarification if you can help:

1. If I take the rgb leads out I still get a picture through the cs lead and to be honest I can't see the difference - shouldn't I?

2. On the Panny input is AV should it not be RGB? At the moment it says no signal if RGB is selected.

3. On the Panny setup it offers me Component or RGB. Neither makes any difference, is there something else needs doing?

BTW I have an NTL Digibox and Sony DVD both set to RGB fed through a scart switching box which is also set to RGB.

The dream is that one day I won't be the newbie!

Many thanks

Neil

2. Adlopa

Adlopa
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The CSync phono needs to connect to the plasma's Composite Video In socket (which you've presumably already done). In the plasma Setup screen, you then need to set the Input to *RGB* and in the Signal screen, change to Sync on Video (not HV or Green). You'll get a couple of Hz values in H & V on this screen when this is working properly.

You should then get a signal on the RGB channel. You'll still get a composite signal on the AV channel too (via the composite video phono) but depending on what you're watching, it should be noticeably worse on most pictures.

3. lizaradley

lizaradley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Derrr!

Didn't realise I had to go through a seperate setup for RGB on the Panny!

Looks alot better now.

Many thanks

neil