Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

SCART (RGB) > Component convertor

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Dazzler2409, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Dazzler2409

Dazzler2409

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have looked both on the forum and also on the net at various methods of converting scart>component whcih I require to connect ot my AV receiver and then pass to pj.

There are a number of options varying massively in price. What is the best all-round option, I don't won't to comprimise quality but also don't want to pay excesive amounts for little gain.

Also require 10m component cables, same question as above really, most economical solution without comprimising quality,

Thanks in antisipation of good feedback

Darran

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +230
    Try Keene Electronics @ www.keene.co.uk
    Type in 'scart component' in the word search box.
    They have a scart to 10 metre component cable for £29.99
    Or a scart to component adapter for £4.99, but then you'll still need to buy the component cable so I'd go for the first choice.
    This cable is a Scart to 3 phono plugs 2m long that can be used to carry RGsB (RGB with sync on green) or Component YUV signals. Please note the cable does not perform any signal conversion and will only carry whichever type of signal the scart socket is configured for. If you need to convert RGB to component video, then you'll need a SYNCBLASTER
    which can convert from an RGB input to a component (Y Pb Pr) output, or, at the push of a switch from a component (Y Pb Pr) input to an RGB output. This is £89.99 ( product code: RGB2C).
    I would try the first cable and aks before buying if you can return it if it isn't what you require. That way, if the quality isn't what you expect, you can return it and go for the better one.

3. Dazzler2409

Dazzler2409

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for info. Your idea scart to component seems good start point as I did see price of convertors.

I want to run 1m from sky box to receiver to do the video switching between that and DVD. Would the input on projector (will probably be 4805) accept the passed signal as you suggested in RGsB and a Y Pb Pr from pass through of DVD without menu changes to change input type (i.e. autoselect?) If so I may well go this option, although if manual menu change required might be best to go for convertor for simpicity.

Thanks for ideas, good food for thought...

Darran

P.S. how do other members get signatures at bottom of messages? (such as weblink and system configs etc)

4. Dazzler2409

Dazzler2409

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry but just read that drivel and I don't even understand what I have typed!!! I am too thick to ask technical questions!!

5. stevos

stevos

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +567
    Did you get the sky+ to component thing working?

if so how is it set up?

6. Dazzler2409

Dazzler2409

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not yet, will receive pj over xmas if I am good boy (panny 700 after demo at weekend). I am going to go for the Lektropaks.co.uk CSY-2100 RGB to component convertor (£75) as I can then use a scart switcher and drive my xbox through it as well as sky. This unit is cheaper than the keene equiv and no one has dissed it so I might as well save the cash (unless someone knows better???)

I will update on hopefully success story some time soon.

Regards

Darran