Scart problems with amstrad box

Discussion in 'Satellite TV, Sky TV & FreeSat' started by toongaz, Oct 25, 2005.

1. toongaz

toongaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    we have just had a pace box replaced with an amstrad one at the weekend after we had many problems with the original. We have a Sanyo Z3 projector in our bedroom which has always been connected via the tv scart out...via a 10m rgb scart-15pin VGA coming into the sanyo via the PC in as recomended by sanyo. We had no problems with this on our previous box but since the engineer gave us our new box (which we are having live pause & rewind problems with already) I can't get my picture back on my projector. I have tried all of the settings in the services section & the best i can come up with is a jumping, flickering picture that is totally unwatcheable. Any ideas as the scart was quite pricey and i don't want to replace it. Do i have a sky+ problem?, a scart problem? or a projector problem? everything was fine before so do the outputs vary on the diferent boxes??? Any help would be most welcome so cheers in advance

2. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,931
    Have you checked the Amstrad is set to output RGB?
    To check if it is a lead or Projector problem temporarily replace the Sky with for example a DVD player set to output RGB.

3. toongaz

toongaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    superb suggestion mate. Just tried my dvd player outputting via my 12m rgb scart into my projectors vga input and it was perfect. This now confirms that my scart is fine & more importantly my projector is fine. My sky+ is set to output in RGB so where do i go from here??? Is it a dodgy box which isn't outputting as it should?

4. JayCee

JayCee

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,931
    What I would try next is the Sky box into another TV via scart and toggle the output on the box between RGB and Composite....you will clearly see if it's changing...if not the box must be faulty.

5. toongaz

toongaz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0

ok just tried that and you can clearlly see the diference when you togle between rgb & Pal. So surely this tells us that it is outputting in RGB so where do i go from here??? I'm baffled mate. Maybe it is a scart problem, but it was ok when i tried it with my dvd player. I wonder if i should just buy a 12m s video cable to connect between sky+ and projector? Hate to do so when i have a scart which is only about 3 months old & im not sure if its broken...HELP!