scart problem

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by riffer7777, Jan 30, 2009.

1. riffer7777

riffer7777
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi folks.can you help please?ok my tv display mode is set to 16.9.i have sky + and in services the picture formats are both set to my favourite settings 16.9.when im watching living2 channel for example its ok until after the ads finish.the word scart appears on screen and sets the tv to 4.3.i have to constantly switch it back with tv remote to 16.9.any ideas why this is goin on?thanks a million.chris.:confused::confused::confused:

2. ows90

ows90

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +60
    Yes, the settings in the Sky+ picture settings menu only apply to programmes broadcast in widescreen, not 4x3 content. The programme you were watching on LIVING2 was in 4x3, and it was switching from widescreen because the adverts are in widescreen.

If it's a 4x3 programme, and you're switching the display mode to 16x9, you're stretching the image. Many people, prefer this because the black bars become too distracting when viewing in the correct proportions.

To permanently set the screen to 16x9, look in the TV settings menu to see if there is an option for how 4x3 content should be treated. Alternatively, have you tried the AUTO aspect setting rather than 16x9? usually that tries to fit 4x3 content to the whole screen, rather than with the black bars; if that doesn't work, consult the page in the manual describing the aspect ratio controls, and supply the model number.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2009
  3. Mr Incredible

Mr Incredible
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13,617
    Not sure what the "Scart Control" option does in the Sky menu. Try turning it off and see.

THe second option is for the RF2 output output, so why not set that to 4:3 or 4:3L and ssee if that helps too. Just shooting in the dark!