SCART Problem (possibly) ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Bruce Wayne, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all,

Yesterday I bought a Pioneer DVD 464. Beautiful machine. In the shop they made it region-free. When I came home I connected it tom my Tv, an LG which I bought just three years ago, and I have a beautiful razorsharp image using RGB Scart with Region 2.

Now I decided to put a region 1 disc in it, and it played well, however I noticed that the picture would sometimes be very dark and suddenly went bright again, kinda like a macrovision protection. I even tried the mod.pal option on the player, but no effect. When I change the RGB option to Video in the menu of the player, this effect no longer happens.

Funny thing is I connected everything to an even older tv to see if it was perhaps my scart cable and there it worked perfectly, even on region 1 with rgb enabled.

Now I'm going nuts :confused:

Could this be a scart cable quality thing, or do I need a brandnew tv :eek: ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

2. Russ 66

Russ 66

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,019
    Hi,
    I had something very similar on my Pioneer 757. I believe it is a macrovision / RGB problem and the only way around it is get the macrovision disabled on your player or buy a new TV!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ

3. Bruce Wayne

Bruce Wayne

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Russ,

Thanks for giving me some info. I suspected it was a macrovision problem. Do you know a way to disable macrovision on my player?

4. Family Guy

Family Guy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm afraid the only way you're going to stop this happening is to use the s video output. Pioneers have a tendency to do this to some TV's - panasonic in particular - and some Sony's...
    Nothing will stop it on R1 DVD's other than switching from RGB...sorry.

5. butch9850

butch9850

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    JUST got a pioneer dcs 515 player,with multiregion from a store.

I have exactly the same problem...region 2 is perfect,
    region 1 is weirdddd....watchable...but its annoying to have hissing sound/poorer quality picture than region 2,with pixellations/glimmering-vibrating corners of the picture....

Obviously,i am going about finding what my problem is....Nobody knows yet.

My tv is only 3 weeks old,and only out about a year.Mitsubishi.. ntsc/pal playback...also,as advertised.
    So shouldn't ntsc discs play???perfectly?.The tv somehow of dvd player...won't join in tandem,to create a powerful force!....like region 2.

I don't know..about this macrovision thing....what is it?.

I will prob send the dvd player back to richer sounds.