1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart problem - HELP!!!!

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by greystar, Dec 31, 2000.

1. greystar

greystar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Connected my DVD to Sony via RGB scart.
    Trouble is Sky picture (banners) look fuzzy.
    Only one RGB scart on the back of 32" TV.
    Anyone help???

2. Jeff

Jeff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +256
    Yes good old Sony, I hear you can buy a scart extention box that will allow upto 3 RGB scart connections. It costs about £90 from maplins I think. Or www.Lektropacks.co.uk do a 2 way splitter for £15. I would worry about picture degredation, but for that price you could give it a go.

[This message has been edited by Jeff (edited 01-01-2001).]

3. Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Buy a Scart switching box from Maplins for £25. This outputs RGB and I've got Sky, DVD and Dreamcast through it. No difference in picture whatsoever from my Tosh 100Hz
    32 widescreen.

4. clone

clone

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Argos do a 3 way scart splitter box for £9.99.
    If you don't like the quality you have got 16 days to take it back for a refund !

5. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Johnny Boy are you sure about the Maplin switch? On their website the switch they've got at that price explicitly says that it's NOT RGB compatible.

I'm on the look out for an auto-switching box cos my FD1 only has one RGB scart socket - so the DVD player and PS2 are having a fight for it!

6. Jay2000

Jay2000

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Clones suggestion is a good one - I have the Argos 3-way splitter and two of the inputs are RGB capable.

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'll pick one up from Argos on the way home this morning. I'll let you know the outcome after I've played around with it.

8. JamieD

JamieD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
  9. Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just looking at todays topics and noticed the question Fatboy asked me. I've looked at the Maplins site and the switch box is different to those in the shops. I chucked the packaging and there's no name on the switcher itself but I believe its by Select electronics. Its the same as the RGB one on the Lectropaks site and is switchable for RGB. Try it you can always take it back and it does say RGB compatable on the box. I'm happy with it and Sky looks as goods as before.

10. Johnny Boy

Johnny Boy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  11. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Argos switch was manual one so twas quickly returned. What did I expect for 9.99 - miracles!

12. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just been on the lektropaks site and the BT21 Mk2 has it all apart from the autoswitching. The BT201 has autoswitching but doesnt support RGB and S-Video. Argh!!

I've dropped lektropaks email to ask if they know of such a device - so the search continues. Will let you know if I get anywhere.

13. jim.fricker

jim.fricker

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've heard that if you have an RGB DVD player with two scart connectors that you can past the STB RGB signal thru it which means your TV only need one RGB input. Is this right? Anyone doing or tried it?

14. Richard Wrist

Richard Wrist

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Only works with some DVD players, my Pioneer 636 does not support this evewn though it has two scarts (or at least I can't get it to do it). Digibox supports it as well - I think so you can do it with the DVD in the middle.

15. Mr.D

Mr.D

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,130
    Some do some don't as you say. Ondigi boxes do not support RGB loopthrough on the second scart Sky do.

As for dvd players I wouldn't buy one that didn't handle RGB loopthrough.

I recommend the SCART data switch boxes at Lektropacks. They are well built and shielded and have a satisfying mechanical kerchunk when you switch them over. Big knobs none of these twiddly little buttons. They work both ways 2switchable into 1 or 1 switchable into two. Very useful for sending RGB to mulitple inputs.

16. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lektropaks replied and suggested their Quattro model which supports RGB and autoswitches etc but according to their blurb it doesn't support Widescreen switching. The search for the Holy Grail continues...

17. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone any feedback on Rgb Scart switching boxes

BT23
    SCART data switch boxes
    Quattro

The quattro seems to be the most user friendly , but do you lose any picture quality .

yours confused.