1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scart problem 2 cables or 1

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by flipfella, May 14, 2005.

1. flipfella

flipfella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    I need a scart for my upcoming projector. to connect my tivo etc...

It needs about 7.5m, so do I get a 10m scart or a 5m and a 3m with a joiner.

So is it better to have a single longer run (10m) or a shorter one with a scart joiner (8m)

Thanks

fliP.

2. andylorenz

andylorenz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    you are always going to be better with a single cable, any joins you make just add the potential for signal loss. Plus the price for 10m of half decent cabling is probably cheaper than 2 cables of smaller length.

when you say scart connection, do you mean composite, RGB or component, and what are you doing about sound?

I don't know what a tivo outputs but be careful you check, as I have been caught out myself by connecting to my projector only to find my RGB signal also needs sync which isn't supported by the cable I got.

3. flipfella

flipfella

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    thanks for your input

the cable is for RGB, so I was going to use a 21 pin wired cable. I'm also running s-video and component to the projector, (going to run a digital cable at a later date when I have a digital output)

I think your right though, a 10m cable will work out better, I don't go joining any other cables in my system, so I won't bother with this one.

Thanks

fliP.